THE HEAPHY TRACK
The Heaphy Track is world renowned for its beauty and diversity. Over its eighty kilometres the track passes through a range of dramatic landscapes in Kahurangi National Park. Ascending from the junction of the Brown and Aorere Rivers, traversing expansive sub-alpine tussock downs through lush Rata and Nikau palm forests, then dropping down to the roaring seas of the West Coast, it is truly one of New Zealand’s Great Walks.
We offer 3 options for the Heaphy Track
What makes our Heaphy trips special?
- We carry all your food
- We provide pick up & delivery to/from Nelson (including transfer of extra luggage from Takaka to Karamea)
- We include accommodation in both Karamea* and Takaka*– allowing you time to experience 2 very remote and special places
- We stop for tea or coffee (on us!) at the historic Langford Store before we begin the track
- Our meal menu is varied and lovingly prepared with fresh and healthy ingredients (vegetarian options also available)
- We make our own tasty energy treats to share with you along the way
- We take photos and you receive a USB stick to take home with the best photos from your trip
- You receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ to show off to your friends (or post on Facebook)
- We drive back to Nelson through Westport and the scenic Buller Gorge, and describe the interesting scenery along the way
*not applicable to the Heaphy Express
Derry Kingston describes walking the through the Heaphy track West to East in his interview with Jesse Mulligan (Radio NZ National)